Do you drink enough water?
It is so important for your body to function properly and will naturally boosts your energy level. It also helps keep your immune system strong, can sharpen your mind, and helps with weight loss, yah! So, next time you are hungry, try downing an 8oz glass of water first. A lot of people mistaken hunger for thirst. Even if you are still hungry after, chances are you will consume less because you are hydrated.
Tips for drinking more water:
- Start each day with a 8oz glass of lemon water. Most of us are drinking coffee or tea first thing which dehydrates our bodies. Starting with lemon water will naturally energize you and the lemon detoxes your liver and helps with digestion.
- Find a BPA free water bottle and aim to drink 2-3 refills per day. Typically half your body weight in ounces of water is recommended. So, if you weigh 150lbs, you should aim for 75oz of water per day.
- Make it taste good! Use a water filtration system to make it taste better and it will also make it much healthier too! There are a lot of different levels of filtration out there from pitchers, to built in fridge devices to faucet attachments. Whatever you can start with will help in taste and quality.
- Change it up! Make your own spa water. My favorite is picture above, orange water. Marinate fruits, vegetables, herbs in your water overnight for a unique twist to make it more fun.
- Eat water-rich fruits and vegetables. Did you know many fruits and vegetables are at least 90% water? Those the richest in water are cucumbers, iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, spinach, strawberries, watermelon, broccoli, cauliflower, grapefruit, cantaloupe, zucchini, celery, radishes and eggplant.
- Aim to spread it throughout your day. Do not try to down it all in the evening because you forgot all day! Aim to drink one water bottle before lunch, then one in between lunch and dinner and last one in the evening.