This chop salad recipe is so easy and can be made ahead of time for the week. It is also satisfying with all the crunchy veggies and I just love the Newman’s dressing to finish it off! I usually prefer with sunflower seeds, but I was out of them today, so I made it with pumpkin seeds (also good).
- 1 bag of Trader Joe’s shredded cabbage
- 1 bag of Trader Joe’s shaved brussel sprouts
- 8 carrots, peeled & shredded
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I use white cheddar cheese)
- 1 organic red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- Hard boiled eggs (optional)
- Newman’s Own Olive Oil & Vinegar dressing to taste
Peel and shred carrots in food processor. Then shred cheese in food processor. Chop red pepper. Combine all ingredients except for dressing and egg. I store in my pyrex bowl with lid to keep fresh for the week. Add dressing and egg to each serving right before eating.