I was looking for something festive to have on Christmas Eve morning, but absolutely love starting my day with a smoothie. There is nothing like all the vitamins and antioxidants a smoothie can provide. So, I started with my basic formula: almond milk and chocolate protein and went from there. It turned out delicious! The must haves for this are the cacoa nibs. If you haven’t tried; they are amazing. They really enhance any smoothie. They can be found at Whole Foods and are loaded with fiber, magnesium and iron. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 serving chocolate protein (my favorite is Garden of Life Smooth Chocolate)
- 1 tbsp raw cacoa nibs
- 1 banana (frozen if possible)
- 2 handfuls of fresh organic spinach
- 1 drop of Young Living peppermint essential oil
- 1/2 packet of SweetLeaf Stevia (optional if you need to sweetened it up)
Blend and enjoy!
347 Calories, 11g Fat, 9g Fiber, 22g Sugar, 21g Protein