My client, Jill gave me this recipe and I’ve already made it 4 times in the last month. So, I thought it would be a great one to pass along. It is a crowd pleaser 🙂 Even the kids enjoyed it. It super easy and pretty presentation. The best part – you can make it the night before!
It also tastes great for days after too.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 large bunches of Tuscan kale (washed, de-stemmed and chopped up small) – I don’t like to buy the bags already chopped because they have the big veins in it and its hard to pick them all out.
- 10oz bag of shredded brussel sprouts (I buy from Trader Joes)
- 1 cup Pecorino cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans this time and sometimes almonds)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
Combine salad dressing ingredients and whisk together. Set aside. Wash and de-stem kale, cut into bite size pieces. Mix in brussel sprouts, pecorino cheese and dressing. Toss well. Before serving add in cranberries and nuts.