When you leave town, do you come home with unwanted pounds? Next visit out of town, go prepared! There are so many times when healthy options are limited and although maybe you want to splurge a little on vacation, you don’t want to come home lethargic and zapped of energy because of the extra weight you put on. Here is what I do when I travel.
- Bring snacks and options for breakfast (nuts,oatmeal,bars)
- Find fresh fruit when you arrive
- Bring tuna or salmon packets for added protein to pair with a salad or I like to add avocado, lime & some sort of veggie to it. It’s filling and the protein will stick with you.
- Workout daily. After being on an airplane or in car, the best thing is to move! Find out the hours of the gym when you arrive and where it is located. Wake up early to get a workout in. Even if its 20-30 minutes, it will energize you. If the gym isn’t your thing, go for a walk or hit the stairs.
- Drink extra water. Traveling dehydrates you and it is easy to mistake hunger for thirst.
- Pack your Juice Plus+ vitamins. It’s my fool proof way not to get constipated when you are away from home.
- Get to bed at a decent time each day. Keeping your body on a routine similar to what you do at home & it will keep your body’s metabolism in check.