This crockpot chicken recipe was so easy! I need to remember to do at least one recipe a week in the crockpot. I love that my house smells great when I walk in and everything is ready at dinner time without any effort. The perfect weeknight dinner! In our family you really can’t go wrong with Mexican! It had flavor but not too spicy.
The recipe came from skinnytaste.com
- 1 lb organic chicken breast
- 14.4 oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 14.4 oz can organic chicken broth
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
- salt to taste
- Serve with brown rice (quinoa), garnish with plain greek yogurt & cilantro!
Combine chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in the crock pot. Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top. Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Adjust salt and seasoning to taste. Serve over rice or quinoa and your favorite toppings.
4 Servings/Per Serving: 282 Calories, 3g Fat, 8g Fiber, 6g Sugar, 35g Protein