Easy, delicious and healthy! Another simple crockpot meal. I love how stress-free it is using my crockpot and the chicken is always cooked perfectly – the chicken is never too dry. I found this on pinterest and think it is a keeper in the recipe stash so now I am sharing it.
When I dished it out it ended up having this beautiful heart shape. Perfect for a heart-healthy meal on valentine’s weekend!
- 1lb organic chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped onion (I used frozen)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa (rinsed)
- 14.5oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 cups organic chicken broth (if you like more soup-like, do 6 cups)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- salt & pepper to taste (I did about 1 tsp of each)
Add the broth in the bottom and all the other ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until carrots are soft. Remove chicken and shred. Add back in and stir. Taste and add any additional seasonings. I topped my with feta and it tasted great!