This was super easy and delicious! A client of mine was telling me about a Mexican recipe she made with cauliflower so I decided to create something in the crockpot. I love the ease of just tossing everything in and you are done!
The cauliflower is packed with antioxidants and makes a perfect alternative to rice. You won’t taste the difference!
- 3 cups cauliflower rice (can use food processor or buy pre-packaged)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped onion (I use frozen)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomato with green chili
- 2 tsp taco seasoning (I use Trader Joes)
- 1lb organic chicken breast
- Optional Toppings: chopped cilantro & chopped avocado
Put all ingredients in crock pot starting with cauliflower rice on bottom, add raw chicken on top. Set on low, cook 4-6 hours. Shred chicken. Serve in bowls with toppings of cilantro and avocado.