Yum! I’ve been making these smoothies for the kids mid-afternoon for a healthy snack. They love the vibrant color and they get so excited for it! I love the Whole Foods Plant-Based Nutrition Shake Dark Chocolate protein. It is loaded with vitamins and minerals and the base of the powder is from pea protein, hemp protein and brown rice protein. I also like it because the sugar is low, it is sweetened with stevia. I like adding coconut oil in smoothies – it helps you feel full for longer and is healthy for brain health.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (may need to add a little more while blending)
- 1 scoop Whole Foods Plant Based Nutrition Shake Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen organic blueberries
- 1 tbsp. organic coconut oil
- 1 large handful fresh kale