This is a quick salad to make on Sundays to have for the week for lunches. It tastes good both cold and warmed up. It is filling with the protein and fiber from the beans, quinoa and edamame.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 10oz bag frozen green beans
- 10 oz bag frozen shelled edamame
- 10oz bag frozen peppers or 2-3 fresh peppers, chopped
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup Newman’s Lite Balsamic Dressing
Cook quinoa according to package. Steam frozen edamame, green beans & peppers. Put cooked quinoa into a bowl; add beans, peppers, salad dressing and feta. Toss well. Served chilled or warmed up. Serving size is 1 1/4 cup. Eat by itself, as a side dish or served over a handful of dark green lettuce.
8 Servings/Per Serving: 325 Calories, 11g Fat, 10g Fiber, 6g Sugar, 19g Protein