I found this recipe when I was on the search for how to use up all the giant zucchinis i had growing in my garden. This soup is sooo delicious! I love that each bowl has an entire zucchini in it. It’s full of flavor and filling!
- 4 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1 large leek, white and tender green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 large poblano—cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 5 medium zucchini (2 1/4 pounds), cut into 1-inch rounds
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 quart organic chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
In a large pot, add 4 tbsp of butter or ghee and saute the leeks, poblano and garlic.
Allow it to cook until it softens (about 6-8 minutes).
Then add the zucchini and cook until it starts to soften (about 5 minutes).
Pour the chicken broth into the pot with everything above and bring it to a boil.
Then turn the heat down to low medium cook until the zucchini is no longer bright green.
Add the cilantro and the fat from the full fat coconut milk and blend with an immersion blender until you reach the consistency desired.
5 Servings/Per Serving: 187 Calories, 15g Fat, 3g Fiber, 6g Sugar, 5g Protein