I absolutely love guacamole! We make it often as a fun friday night appetizer! I think everyone is different on what they like in it so you will see all the optional ingredients you can add…I personally like it all 🙂 I wanted to create the recipe so I could actually portion mine out…otherwise it’s really easy to keep eating!!
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion
- 3 ripe Haas avocados
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 1 large Roma tomato, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced jalapeño (optional)
Add diced onion to a small bowl then cover with warm water, set aside. This “de-flames” the onions, making them less intense. Or, I love using frozen chopped onions (no tears!)
Cut avocados in half, lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seed. Scoop out the flesh and add to a bowl. Mash with potato masher. Add in all other ingredients and mix well.
9 Servings/Each 1/4 cup: 93 Calories, 7g Fat, 5g Fiber, 2g Sugar, 2g Protein