Did you ever think a paper towel would be an effective workout tool? Give this at home workout a try for a good full body workout. You will need a paper towel and 10 cards. Let me know how you like it!
Set 1: Use a paper towel and 10 playing cards
Left leg stays steady and right foot has paper towel underneath
- Reverse lunge slide, place 10 cards down, one by one, then pick up, one by one
- Side squat slide, place 10 cards down, one by one, then pick up, one by one
- Curtsy lunge slide, place 10 cards down, one by one, then pick up, one by one
- One leg deadlift, place 10 cards down, one by one, then pick up, one by one
Right leg stays steady and left foot has paper towel underneath
Set 2: Use two paper towels, one underneath foot
- Plank position on hands, in/out with the feet x 20
- Plank position, alternate knees coming in towards chest, one at a time x 20
- Plank position, alternate both knees in to chest and back out x 20
Set 3: Use two paper towels,
- On knees, one paper towel under each hand, slide forward, tucking head, hold 3 counts x 15
- On all fours, knees are low to ground, one paper towel under each foot, one leg extends behind you, keeping other knee low to ground x 15, then change legs
- On back, one paper towel under each heel, rear is lifted, slide forward with right leg, then left, alternating sides x 30
Cardio Break: Run your stairs or do some jogging in place for 2 minutes before repeating one more set through all three sets.
Warm up about 3-5 minutes either jogging or doing stairs before you begin.
Cardio (20 seconds each exercise x 4 rounds, no breaks)
- Squat (touch down), side shuffle, side shuffle, squat (touch down)
- Spiderman climb (similar to mountain climb but foot touches down right next to your hand.
- Plie click (similar to jump squat but start in a plie and try to click heels together before you land)
- Plank position on your hands, jump and tuck knees in towards chest and back out
Legs (20 of each exercise)
- Reverse lunge with added knee lift and twist so opposite elbow touches the knee
- Other leg
- Squat, quick and touch the ground each time
- Lateral lunge, alternating legs
Arms (20 of each exercise)
- Overhead tricep extension
- Reverse fly
- Curl to overhead press
- Upright row while holding a plie squat
Abs (1 minute plank and 20 of each other exercise)
- Plank hold on forearms
- Legs straight in air, alternating punches up towards your feet
- Suitcase crunch, bring arms towards feet
- Windshield wipers, alternating
After doing this first set through, you are about 17 minutes in. Your 2nd set gets shorter on the cardio only with doing only 3 rounds through instead of 4. Everything else can be repeated as you did on the first set. A quick yet, effective workout!
Perfect to do when you are stuck at home because of weather, kids napping or if you don’t have a gym membership. The workout is designed to have no breaks since it’s only 12 minutes long, yah! Work at a fast pace with good form. Before you begin do about 2-5 minutes warm-up running up and down your stairs or jogging around the house.
Get your timer ready…and some music to motivate!
Do as many rounds as you can in 12 mins. I promise you will be sweating!
10 push ups
10 lunge jumps
10 skater hops
10 squat thrust