This green smoothie is a great way to sneak in a veggie first thing in the morning and it’s perfect for when you don’t have a lot of time in the a.m. It is my go-to smoothie that my kids like too!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop chocolate protein
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 frozen banana (or 1/2 banana to cut 50 calories)
- 1 large handful of fresh organic spinach
Combine all ingredients and blend well.
417 Calories, 18g Fat, 9g Fiber, 20g Sugar, 28g Protein
This is so easy to whip together and makes a great “breakfast for dinner” meal or perfect to make in advance for breakfast or lunches for the week. You can also customize it to include your favorite veggies! A simple meal, but a crowd pleaser.
- 10 eggs
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 big handfuls of spinach, chopped
- 10-15 mushrooms chopped (I use frozen shiitake and break apart)
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish or 10″ quiche dish with nonstick cooking spray and transfer to oven for 5 minutes while you are getting ingredients ready.
Meanwhile, whisk together eggs and stir in all remaining ingredients. Pour into the warm dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until fully cooked.
I serve with breakfast potatoes or nitrate free turkey bacon if for breakfast or dinner. For lunch, I make a salad to go with it. Enjoy!
This breakfast is the best! It is so filling…and packed with probiotics, healthy fats, antioxidants and can be altered to make it your favorite breakfast too! Also nice because you can make the night before and just grab it to eat at work or eat while you are getting ready if you don’t have time to sit down and eat.
- 2/3 cup plain greek yogurt (my absolute fav brand is Wallaby – see below)
- 1 scoop (or 1/2 serving) vanilla whey protein (I use Tera’s Whey Bourbon Vanilla)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp raw almonds (or favorite nut)
- 1/2 cup of berries (I used blackberries and strawberries)
Mix and enjoy!!
Here is my favorite yogurt. It is so smooth and creamy…not sour at all.
250 Calories, 10g Fat, 4g Fiber, 9g Sugar, 26g Protein
This is seriously my favorite smoothie ever! It tastes like dessert…so rich and delish! I am also obsessed with cinnamon so the combo makes it fantastic! I found this recipe from Caroline Apovian’s website and modified it a bit and have been making it since. Even my kids love it!
- 1 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk blended with
- 1 scoop whey protein (choc or vanilla)
- 1 packet of stevia
- 1 tsp cinnamon (I usually add 1 tbsp because I like it so much!)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed or chia seed
- 1 banana, sliced (I like to use frozen bananas)
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 small celery, diced
- 1-2 handfuls of spinach or kale
- 1 cup ice (optional)
Add ingredients as listed and blend until smooth!
298 Calories, 7g Fat, 10g Fiber, 21g Sugar, 26g Protein