Yummy! I love creating my own veggie burgers because I know exactly what is in it. I found this recipe on greenforks.com and decided to try. This was a success because it’s gluten-free, it stay together, tastes good and is not dry. I like to make them at the beginning of the week to pair with salad. A delicious and veggie-rich lunch!
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (I buy Trader Joe’s gluten free)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (or 1/4 if you like spicy)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 14oz container of chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup shredded carrot (shredding fresh is the best)
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley or other fresh herb you like
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
Place oats in food processor until consistency is like flour. Pulse in spices. Then add remaining ingredients except sunflower seeds. Stir in sunflower seeds. Shape the burger dough into 4 large patties or 6 small ones. Heat a skillet on medium with a little avocado oil, cook about 5 minutes and flip for another 4-5 minutes.
4 Servings: Per serving: 267 Calories, 12g Fat, 9g Fiber, 12g Protein, 5g Sugar