This soup is a delicious and filling way to get a warm lunch or dinner packed with veggies. It was super easy to make. I found this recipe from eatwithtom.com and decided to make for the week to have an easy lunch on hand. Hope you like it too!
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion (or 1 onion chopped)
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. basil
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4-6 tomatoes, chopped (depending on the size of the tomato)
- 32oz vegetable broth
- 2 cups cooked French lentil beans (I buy TJ’s steamed lentils)
- 2 large handfuls of spinach, chopped
- Topping: Add 1/2 avocado, chopped to each serving
In a wok pan or stockpot, over medium heat, cook onion, garlic, carrots and spices for 7 minutes or until carrots begin to soften. Add tomatoes and cook an additional 5-7 minutes. Add broth and lentils and cook for another 10 minutes and then stir in chopped spinach. Simmer for another 3-5 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Add any additional salt to taste if needed. Top with avocado. The fat from the avocado will help you stay satiated for longer!Enjoy!
4 Servings, Per Serving 331 Calories, 11g Fat, 16g Fiber, 8g Sugar, 12g Protein