This is so good! This was inspired from a recipe a gal at bootcamp gave me and I modified it a bit to use some of the ingredients I had and to make it to our taste. I had just bought Trader Joe’s Cruceriferous Crunch which is a mix of shredded kale, brussel sprouts, broccoli and cabbage. It was the key ingredient because all the greens are crunchy. And, even the next day was really good after soaking in the dressing all night. I will be making this one again soon!
- 1/3 cup uncooked quinoa
- 10oz bag Trader Joe’s Cruciferous Crunch (Shredded Kale, Brussel Sprouts, Broccoli, Cabbage)
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 cups shredded carrots (3 large carrots)
- 1 large bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts (or nut of your choice)
- 10oz bag of edamame
- 1/4 cup green onion (optional)
- 1/4 cup natural almond butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
Cook quinoa according to instructions. (I always do in the microwave to save time.) Cook edamame according to package. Meanwhile, pour greens into a large bowl. Chop red pepper and add to bowl. Shred carrots (in food processor), then chop cilantro (in food processor) and add to bowl. Prepare dressing and add with remaining ingredients. Enjoy!
Prepare dressing: combine almond butter with honey in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, stir. Add remaining ingredients and whisk together until smooth.
4 Servings/Per Serving: 435 Calories, 25g Fat, 12g Fiber, 12g Sugar, 19g Protein