This is a quick arm/core workout, but you will also get your heart rate up! You don’t need equipment, just a stopwatch and a chair or bench.
- Start in a plank position on your hands, hold 10 seconds, then walk your hands down to your forearms (keeping your body in a plank), hold 10 seconds.
- Walk back up to your hands for 9 seconds, walk back down to forearm for 9 seconds
- Repeat with 8 seconds each
- Repeat 7 seconds each…keep repeating all the way to 1 second of each
- Hold a low push up (with your arms at least 90 degrees bent), 10 second hold
- 10 quick push up pulses (you can drop to your knees if you need to)
- Repeat 4 more rounds of the above
- Grab a chair, a do 1 dip, straightening your arms
- Next dip, pulse it 2 times when you are low to the ground
- Next one, 3 pulses, repeat until you get to 10 pulses (try not to rest in between)
After you do all 3 exercises, take a cardio break! Give the arms a break for 2 minutes. Run your stairs, jumping jacks, jump squats, anything to keep the body moving. Then, repeat all three exercises one more time through.
Did you ever think a paper towel would be an effective workout tool? Give this at home workout a try for a good full body workout. You will need a paper towel and 10 cards. Let me know how you like it!
Set 1: Use a paper towel and 10 playing cards
Left leg stays steady and right foot has paper towel underneath
- Reverse lunge slide, place 10 cards down, one by one, then pick up, one by one
- Side squat slide, place 10 cards down, one by one, then pick up, one by one
- Curtsy lunge slide, place 10 cards down, one by one, then pick up, one by one
- One leg deadlift, place 10 cards down, one by one, then pick up, one by one
Right leg stays steady and left foot has paper towel underneath
Set 2: Use two paper towels, one underneath foot
- Plank position on hands, in/out with the feet x 20
- Plank position, alternate knees coming in towards chest, one at a time x 20
- Plank position, alternate both knees in to chest and back out x 20
Set 3: Use two paper towels,
- On knees, one paper towel under each hand, slide forward, tucking head, hold 3 counts x 15
- On all fours, knees are low to ground, one paper towel under each foot, one leg extends behind you, keeping other knee low to ground x 15, then change legs
- On back, one paper towel under each heel, rear is lifted, slide forward with right leg, then left, alternating sides x 30
Cardio Break: Run your stairs or do some jogging in place for 2 minutes before repeating one more set through all three sets.