Salad Bar Night!
Pick a night of the week and make it easy on yourself with creating a salad bar. It’s fun for the kids and adults to customize their own plates.
This was a Sunday night tradition at my mom’s house when we would go over each week for Sunday night dinner. It was easy because we could all bring what we had on hand and we could all eat what we wanted. It’s a great way to kickstart the the week!
This chop salad recipe is so easy and can be made ahead of time for the week. It is also satisfying with all the crunchy veggies and I just love the Newman’s dressing to finish it off! I usually prefer with sunflower seeds, but I was out of them today, so I made it with pumpkin seeds (also good).
- 1 bag of Trader Joe’s shredded cabbage
- 1 bag of Trader Joe’s shaved brussel sprouts
- 8 carrots, peeled & shredded
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I use white cheddar cheese)
- 1 organic red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- Hard boiled eggs (optional)
- Newman’s Own Olive Oil & Vinegar dressing to taste
Peel and shred carrots in food processor. Then shred cheese in food processor. Chop red pepper. Combine all ingredients except for dressing and egg. I store in my pyrex bowl with lid to keep fresh for the week. Add dressing and egg to each serving right before eating.