These Kale Quinoa Burgers are perfect to make ahead and have for the week for a side dish, main dish or snack. They taste good with hummus, smashed avocado or with a fried egg on top! There is the perfect amount of kick to it with the jalapeno. The other thing I liked about these is the don’t fall apart like a lot of veggie burgers do. I found this recipe on everydaydishes.com.
- 2½ cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup Parmesan, grated
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil plus more for frying
- ½ yellow onion, diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely diced
- 4 cups kale, deveined and finely chopped
- ¾ cup finely ground breadcrumbs (use gluten-free breadcrumbs to make this dish gluten-free)
Whisk 3 eggs until smooth. Combine egg mixture with quinoa, Parmesan, green onion, salt and cayenne pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in skillet on medium heat then sauté onions and jalapeño for approximately 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute before adding kale to skillet. Cook until kale is bright green and soft.
Add kale mixture to quinoa mixture, then add breadcrumbs and stir to combine.
Place a clean skillet on medium heat and add enough oil to coat the bottom.
Form patties using ½ cup of quinoa mixture. Fry until golden brown on each side, 3–4 minutes per side.