- Salad Dressing:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp minced shallot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 large bunches of tuscan kale, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
Combine lemon, shallot & garlic with salt & pepper. Slowly whisk olive oil in. Set aside.
Wash and de-stem kale, cut into bite size pieces. Massage dressing into kale for a couple of minutes. This helps soften the kale. Next add in cheese and cranberries. Add nuts right before serving.
This salad is so good as a side dish, especially for the holidays. To make it a meal, simply top with hard boiled eggs :)