- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 head of cabbage shredded or finely chopped *
- 1/2 head tuscan (lacinato) kale, chopped *
- 2 cups shaved brussel sprouts *
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 cups shredded carrots (about 4 carrots)
- 1 large bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts (or nut of your choice)
- 10oz bag of edamame, cooked
- 1/2 cup green onion
- Optional: chopped rotisserie chicken
*Short cut: Instead of each of these separate, you can buy the Trader Joe’s Cruciferous Crunch Bagged Salad and chop it up a little bit more.
- 1 cup natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
Cook quinoa according to instructions. (I like to do mine in rice cooker)
Cook edamame according to package. Meanwhile, pour greens into a large bowl. Chop red pepper and add to bowl. Shred carrots (in food processor), then chop cilantro (in food processor) and add to bowl. Prepare dressing and add with remaining ingredients. Enjoy!
Prepare dressing: combine almond butter with honey in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, stir. Add remaining ingredients and whisk together until smooth.
It makes 18 cups salad.